1. Scope and responsibility for data processing
The entity responsible for processing this data is:
- The FAIRshare project, under Grant Agreement No.: 818488, that has received funding from the European Union Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme
- FAIRshare general email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAIRshare Project Coordinator: Tom Kelly (TEAGASC) – email@example.com
- FAIRshare Communication Officer: Rui Almeida (CONSULAI) – firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Purposes of the treatment and legal basis
The personal data collected through this website are intended to allow the following operations:
- Participation in workshops, seminars, conferences, webinars organised by the Horizon 2020 project FAIRshare;
- Participation in surveys, questionnaires or similar enquiries, organised by the Horizon 2020 project FAIRshare;
- FAIRshares’s research communications, such as newsletters, service news, technical articles, event information or other related activities;
- Regarding the newsletters or the events and related activities dissemination, the user may opt out by following the unsubscribe link in newsletters footer or by sending an email saying “Please delete my personal data from your list” to email@example.com
The processing of personal data is necessary to carry out the operations above.
The personal data of the user may be communicated to a suitable service provider contracted by the FAIRshare project, which will treat the data exclusively for the purposes established by the FAIRshare project and in compliance with the instructions issued by the FAIRshare project, strictly complying with the legal rules on data protection information security and other applicable standards, pursuant to a written agreement between the parties.
If you leave a message on our site, your name and email address will be saved in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
This portal uses web analytics service provided by CONSULAI. Cookies (small text files stored locally on your computer) are used to help analyse how people use this portal. The collected information, including your IP-address will be stored on servers in Portugal.
FAIRshare and CONSULAI will use this information to generate reports on the portal usage. FAIRshare and CONSULAI will only share the collected information with third parties when legally required to do so. Your IP-address will not be combined with that of other websites or other data sources that are available to FAIRshare and CONSULAI.
5. International data transfers
The FAIRshare project will process user data in its entirety within the territory of the European Economic Area (EEA) and therefore does not provide for any international transfer of data.
6. Shelf life
The FAIRshare project will keep the personal data of the users for the period necessary for the accomplishment of the purposes for which they were collected. The FAIRshare project will maintain these data through the period that it is obliged to by the law. The FAIRshare project may also keep the data beyond these periods for statistical purposes, and for this purpose, anonymise them.
7. User rights
The user has the right to request from the FAIRshare project access to personal data concerning him/ her. The user also has the right to request data rectification or deletion, and the limitation of the treatment concerning the user, or the right to object to the treatment, as well as the right to portability of data, in accordance with the laws governing the processing of personal data.
To exercise the aforementioned rights, the user may contact the Project Coordinator through the email address indicated in the first section of this policy. The user also has the right to submit a complaint to the FAIRshare Communication Officer, Rui Almeida, which email address is also on the first section of this policy. The user can also file a complaint with its National Data Protection Authority.
More information on this at https://ico.org.uk/.
The website for the European authority is https://edpb.europa.eu/.
If there are any questions about how we collect and store data, the Project Coordinator should be contacted.