Matt Hopkins on his annual column “top apps for agriculture” made a list to keep us informed regarding the latest trends in digital farming. Here are his top 10 agriculture apps for 2019:
- AGBRIDGE app – is a mobile app that allows users to move data from their in-cab field computer to their cloud account and desktop when paired with an AGBRIDGE Drive. There are a couple of new features that have been introduced recently that made an upgrade on the app, such as the new WIFI Direct feature that automatically sends and receives new files anytime a machine is in range of a trusted WIFI network, or a mobile HotSpot. The app is available for Android and IOS systems.
Read more: https://www.agbridgedata.com/
- RRXtend Spray app – is an app that helps farmers to plan sprays more effectively by providing weather projections including inversion risk probabilities. The app also gives farmers the ability to create and retain application records. The forecast feature helps growers and farmers identify the weather conditions and inversion risk before the spray applications. The app is available for Android and IOS systems.
- Xarvio Scouting app – is an app that detects and identify in-field stress simply by taking a photo with a smartphone. The main goal of the app is to support farmers and agricultural advisors in their decision making. With this app, it will be easier to identify weeds, determine and count insects in the yellow traps, recognise diseases, analyse leaf damage and examine the nitrogen status. Everything that will be spotted it will be documented in a diary which allows farmers and growers to have a complete history available on their phones. The app is available for Android and IOS systems.
Read more: https://www.xarvio.com/en-US/Scouting
- Cropstream app – is an app that helps agricultural producers and companies to work together to make it easier to coordinate and communicate crop production activities and keep everyone in sync. This app helps advisors, growers, seed dealer, service providers, agricultural retailers or even a manufacturer, to keep them connected and to grow their businesses. With Cropstream app it is possible to have a track of all conversations by linking messages and photos to the people, products, and places where they took place. The app is available for Android and IOS systems.
Read more: https://www.cropstream.com/
- FieldCheck app – it is an app that allows pesticide applicators to easily locate speciality crop and beehive locations from their mobile device or tablet. With increased functionality and ease-of-use, larger icons and the ability to choose the desired search location through GPS or a specific address, the app will bring the existing FieldWatch platforms to users even faster and easier than before. The app is available for Android and IOS systems.
Read more: http://info.ncagr.gov/blog/2018/04/16/theres-an-app-for-that-new-fieldcheck-and-beecheck-apps-launch-for-fieldwatch-program/
- AgriSync app – this app enables farmers and advisors to connect and resolve support issues using a mobile video customer service platform. The app suffered a major update that created several new features. When a customer uses AgriSync’s mobile call system, the call is simultaneously sent to a selected team of advisors with the new VoiceHub feature. While on a live call, an advisor can create a ticket in AgriSync with the Text to Join feature and invite the farmer to join a live video session by simply clicking a text. Using the Broadcast feature, users can create a simple broadcast message to share pro-active tips and reduce redundant support questions. The app is available for Android and IOS systems.
Read more: https://www.agrisync.com/
- Kugler Timing app – this is app provides fertiliser application timing and product recommendations on a wide range of crops. To find the ideal Kugler product, along with the application rate and timing, simply select the crop from a list of 11 different options and select the growth stage based on an illustration that shows each stage of plant development from emergence through harvest. The app lists the most effective product(s) for that growth stage, along with the rate per acre. The app is available for Android and IOS systems.
Read more: https://kuglerapp.com/
- Agsense app – this app gives users the increased ability to remotely monitor and control their entire irrigation operation from anywhere, at any time. The recently added features offer new options for even more precise control of devices, simplified graphics and some navigation improvements. Multiple AgSense devices can be sorted into Groups, making it easier to set up an irrigation schedule for all devices within a group. The new features also include more control options for editing a device’s irrigation schedule with a single tap of the screen. Growers can also set angles with GPS pinpoint precision. The new “Yearly Allotment” graphic was added to improve tracking of a pivot’s water usage throughout an irrigation season. The app is available for Android and IOS systems.
- FieldAgent app – this app enables to fly your DJI drone and captures data to make beautiful agricultural crop health maps, count plants, find weeds, and more. Compatible with most any modern DJI drone, FieldAgent manages all the details of flying so you can focus simply on the desired map. New features to the app include flight planning options, a sleeker, more efficient user interface, in-app map views, and free access to the most commonly used features on mobile. FieldAgent helps the mission of making digital agriculture easy, seamless, and available to everyone. The app is available for Android and IOS systems
Read more: https://sentera.com/fieldagent-platform/
- Agrellus app – this app is an online marketplace that brings together buyers and sellers of agricultural inputs and commodities. The app represents a solution to buy and sell more than 7,000 agriculture products. Find the right products in the quantities you need. Request quotes from multiple dealers competing for your business. Set delivery deadlines that meet your farming needs. Agrellus has also added aerial and ground custom application services to the app. With Agrellus members can customise requests by crop; choose targets like insect, weed, seeding, or defoliation; select rate per acre; or get advice on correct rates or the best product for their needs. The app is available for Android and IOS systems